CONVERSION OF TRAIN FERRY INTO FLOATING PRODUCTION UNIT
Cebarka Ltd. participated in ´Helix Producer 1´ major conversion project, in which a train ferry was converted into a DP2 ship-shaped monohull floating production and offloading unit intended for Helix Energy Solutions, from Houston, USA. Project was carried out during 2006/10 at Viktor Lenac shipyard in Croatia, through Neorion shipyard in Greece, and final topside production facilities installation & commissioning were carried out at Kiewit Offshore Shipyard in Corpus Christi, USA.
VESSEL PARTICULARS UPON CONVERSION:
· Loa = 165.0 m, B= 29.0 m, T = 8.6 m, H = 14.2 m,
· 4000 tons new steel installed (sponsons, double deck, accomodation, funnel, internal structure & watertight bulkheads), 180 km of new electrical cables installed as well as 160 tons various piping for vessel systems
· 8 thrusters installed of which three are azimuth thrusters, two are retractable type thrusters, bow thruster and two auxiliary hinged azimuth thrusters,
· helideck & 2 deck cranes installed
· Vessel is equipped with DTS (Disconectable Transfer system) which consists of a riser buoy supporting subsea risers and control umbilicals that can connect to a deep water well. Such system provides fast and easy disconnection from the hull and repositioning in order to avoid approaching severe weather conditions. Upon return to the well position, easy reconnection to the buoy / well is enabled again and production can continue.